Sick and tired of terrible movers who only care about the money? Or are you scared of getting scammed, pressured, or ripped off? Lost on where to start and how to execute your relocation? Don’t worry. You’re not alone. Many other homeowners face this dilemma.
More and more professional movers have entered the market in the past few years, making it difficult to find a reliable one that will provide quality service at an affordable price. To make your search easier, this blog post will walk you through the step-by-step process of finding an excellent moving company for your upcoming move to Tampa, Florida.
Hiring movers is no different from buying something from the store. You’re just paying for the service. So the more quotes you ask for, the easier it will be to find a mover that’s competitively priced. To avoid overpaying, make sure you get two or three quotes from different moving companies so you can compare prices and services offered.
Sometimes, Cheap Isn’t the Best Option
It’s understandable if you’re keen on finding a mover that fits within your budget. However, don’t automatically assume that the lowest price is the best. While it’s true that you might be able to save some money right away, sometimes movers that demand the cheapest rates are unreliable and may not take as good of care of your belongings. Try to find the sweet balance between quality and affordability.
Experience is The Most Important Qualification
Quality and affordability are good, but you want to ensure that the movers you hire have experience. You don’t want to go through this stressful moving process with a mover who doesn’t know what they’re doing. If you’re moving from another state, they must have ample experience with long-distance moves of such magnitude. More importantly, they should know the ins and outs of Tampa by heart – how to weave through the traffic, which neighborhoods are the best, where to park their trucks, etc. That’s why experts highly suggest that you search for a native local mover from Florida itself.
Check The Company’s Credentials
The last thing you want to happen is for your belongings to get lost, stolen, or damaged during the moving process. Before hiring a mover, make sure they have proper documentation and authorization to facilitate moves. You can do this by:
- Asking for your potential mover’s USDOT number and scanning it on the FMCSA website.
- Inspecting if they have a legitimate BBB accreditation or ProMover title.
- Ensuring that they have the proper insurance to cover up any loss or damage.
- Finally, check the company’s registration to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS).
Ask the Right Questions
In a world filled with uncertainties, the best thing a moving company can do for you is erase your doubts and provide peace of mind. Crucial questions that you can ask include:
- How long have you been in the business? The longer a company has been operating, the more likely you can trust its reputation.
- How many movers will be assigned to my move? A bigger team means shorter moving times and less stress on you during a hectic time of your life.
- What is your hourly rate or a flat fee for local moves? Make sure that this price includes all necessary services.
- Do you specialize in moving special items? Things like pianos, pool tables, and gun safes require specialized knowledge.
- Can I see your license and insurance documents for proof? This should be an obvious one, but sadly, many companies will skip this step just to win over customers. Do not let them get away with it.
Don’t undervalue yourself. If your questions aren’t being answered or are met with vague responses, then it’s time to consider switching companies.
How to Prepare for Movers on Moving Day
Before moving day, ask your movers about their packing procedures. Additionally, make sure all of the items on this checklist are completed prior to moving out:
- If you’re the one packing, do it one week in advance. Be sure to label boxes clearly.
- Prepare a written inventory list with an estimated value for each item in your home or apartment.
- Transfer utilities and address at least two days before the move.
- Remove pets from home prior to move-out day. Plan for their care if needed during off-peak hours of the movers’ schedule.
Top 4 Movers in Tampa Bay
Alright. This guide has taught you plenty of important stuff regarding relocating with professionals. But before it ends, you might still be lost on who to hire. No worries. Here are some of the best moving companies in The Big Guava you can entrust your move to.
- Bull Moving: A family-owned company that’s been operating for decades, the Bull Moving team values honesty and quality of service. They offer both long-distance and local moves with a long list of satisfied customers to vouch for them.
- College Hunks Hauling Junk and Moving: Known throughout the nation, this mover has captured the hearts of many with its friendly and disciplined staff. You can trust them with anything from packing to arranging your things according to the layout of your new home.
- True Friends Moving Company: True Friends is meant for you if you’re looking for an affordable company that doesn’t compromise experience and quality. On top of regular moving services, they also specialize in relocating delicate collections.
- BestPrice Movers Tampa Bay: Equipped with a team that hails from the city of Tampa itself, BestPrice Movers have been putting smiles on Floridians for almost two decades. You can’t go wrong with them at the helm.
Finding professional movers shouldn’t be as stressful as you think. Just make good use of the tips above, and you’ll breeze through your upcoming move. See you in Tampa!